Close Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Cunningham Creek Elementary
Cardinal Café
Frequently Asked Questions

May I deposit money into my child’s account at any time?
Yes. You can send the money in any time with your child. You child’s teacher will collect the money each morning. You may also turn the money into the front office. Funds that are submitted after 12pm (noon) will be credited to your child’s account the next morning.

May I deposit any amount?
Yes. You can send in cash or a check on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis. Please make sure the funds are labeled with your child’s account number and name as registered.

 How will I know if the funds are credited to the correct account?
Your child will use his/her pin number on all funds going into the account. His/her name and the information registered must match the account number when it goes into the computer.

Is there any way for me to know what my child is buying at lunch time?
Yes. Every day when your child buys an item in the cafeteria for lunch, we can print out an itemized report of these purchases. You may call the food service manager at 547-7867 to request this information.

May I have lunch with my child at school?
Absolutely! We encourage it! It is a good way for you to get to know us and what your child eats for lunch. You may eat lunch with your child’s class. Please call ahead to verify lunch times as it may vary depending on special functions.

May my child use their brother’s or sister’s account if they are out of money?
No. It is not permissible according to school board regulations. However, you may call the food service manager to move funds from one child’s account to another child’s account. This will ensure that we have a record of what each child has consumed.

What if my child runs out of money before I deposit more money?
Please be assured that you child will never be denied a school lunch. The new procedure is a proactive one.  When a deficit has occurred for two days, the child will receive a note advising you of the situation. You will also be notified every Tuesday in your child’s folder of any debt due. You as a parent have been notified of the debt and we ask that you rectify the situation immediately.

What if my child has a food allergy?
We will make special arrangements for your child. Please provide us with documentation from your child’s doctor indicating the type of food allergy. This information must be provided each school year in order for us to assist your child.

What if my child comes home and says that someone else is using their account?
Please call the food service manager at CCE. Many times we have discovered that the students will say they know someone else’s number, but they really do not. We will inquire about the concern and check to make sure this does not happen. Please remember to tell your child not to share his/her secret number.

What happens at the end of the school year with my child’s account?
If there is a fund balance, please send in a written request to receive a refund. We will refund the money to you during the last few weeks of school. At the end of the school year in order for us to calculate the refund, you must let us know the exact number of lunches your child will purchase. We will send you more information about this via the “Cardinal Chatter” as we approach the end of the school year. Your child will have the same lunch number during his/her entire career at CCE. Balances do carry over from one school year to the next school year.

If I qualify for free & reduced lunches last year, do I need to complete an application this school year?
Yes. Even though you qualified last year for free and reduced lunches, you must re-apply each school year. You may list the names of all of your children on the same form. There is a 30-day grace period in order to process your new school year’s application. You will be notified when the application has been approved or denied. You can find a link on the school website to print the application.

What if my child would like to purchase extra food?
Students can purchase extra food unless there is a restriction on your child’s lunch account. If you would like to place a restriction on your child’s account, please write Lynn Hutzel indicating what restrictions you would like.

previousGo Back